Monday, April 4, 2011

False Advertisement

Tonight at Ladies Bible Study, we talked about being commercials for God, and how we can sometimes be false advertisement. It got me thinking. I truly love God. Christ IS, with out a doubt, my savior. I live my life for Him ..... right?

I thought for the last couple months that I was living my life for Him. I thought I was doing a pretty good job.
...
But really, when I think about it I have been doing a sucky job.


 6But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Even my best is nothing more then filthy rags....

Thats a hard concept to accept. But its the truth. I am born with sin. I am SUCK.

So the next question that comes to mind is: How am I supposed to not be a false advertisment? How am I supposed to be in the image of Christ?
The first thing that comes to me, is to pray. How can I do anything without praying? I find myself praying when theres nothing else to do. I pray when I'm bord. I talk to him like hes my best friend. BECAUSE he is my best friend!
There is always the famous W.W.J.D. (What would Jesus do). I know its a cliche, but really if you think about what Jesus would do during a situation, wouldn't you handle it better?
THE biggest way I think, is to die. You, yourself have to die for Him, like He died for you. You have to give up your wants and needs for His will. You have to give everything to him.

God is the only love I need. I will live my life for him better and better everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment