Monday, August 15, 2011

There's a time and a place for everything...

 1 To everything there is a season,

      A time for every purpose under heaven:
       2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
      A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
       3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
      A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
       4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
      A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
       5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
      A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
       6 A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
      A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
       7 A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
      A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
       8 A time to love,
And a time to hate;
      A time of war,
And a time of peace.



Ecclesiates 3;1-9


    I have recently learned that there is a time and a place for everything. I have read and then re-read this passage many many times. My life has been very touchy lately. I have been very bitter and angry. Nothing seemed to be going my way. Things that were happening weren't happening my way. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't turn out right.
    Then it hit me... God's will, will be done. No matter what I do, I can't change it. There is no use in fighting it. He is the ultimate. Nothing can change  his will, ever. No matter how bad I want it. Being bitter and angry at him wasn't going to solve any problems. I just needed to realize that he will always give me what I need and will always take care of me, even if its not what "I want".  
    Having to put my entire trust in God has been interesting. I trust him with everything I am, don't get me wrong. But, I want what I want to happen. 
   I am now going to Rochester College for missions. I have to trust him to take care of me and to lead me through the hard times. Missions is not always an easy field. Its not a career that you make a lot of money in. However, I get the best job of all. I get to tell people about how much God loves them and wants them, no matter what their sin. How Christ loved them so much he DIED for them! I'm going to work with little kids, which is also not the easiest thing. I worked in the Preschool room during V.B.S. this year and it was very challenging. But, I trust that this is what God has in store for me and that no matter what he will take care of me. 
   I sort of got off track... 
Ecclesiates 3;1-9 Is so true. It has helped me so much lately...
Now its just time to live it.
(:


Dear Heavenly Father,
   Forgive me, for all of my sins. Lord thank you for all that you have blessed me with. Thank you for my Grandma Sue's side of the family, that we are now, finally, getting to know each other. Thank you Lord for bringing me to Rochester and guiding me to what you know is right for me. Lord, I pray for the victim's families of the stage that fell. Lord, I also pray for all of those people who don't know you, Lord. Help them to find you. Lord, I ask that you keep guiding me in the right direction. Help me to live my life as you see fit. Lord, help me to help those that are less fortunate than myself. Give me the words to help others and guide them to you Lord. 
In Jesus' Glorious name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment